Take Home Exercises
Five Minute Core Corner: Bird Dog
Muscle groups used: lower back, shoulders, abdominals, glutes
- Start in quadruped position on hands and knees, neck and spine in neutral position.
- Tighten abdominals by pulling belly button in to spine.
- Extend one leg directly back, tightening glutes (do not arch your back, and keep hips level, with no rotation).
- While maintaining abdominal contraction, raise opposite arm.
- Hold position for 5-10 seconds, repeat on other side.
- Complete six times on each side.