Mountain Surgical Associates
(970) 479-5036 Vail, Edwards, Eagle
MSA is open Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Our after-hours on-call physician can be contacted by calling Vail Valley Medical Center at (970) 476-2451. To schedule a consultation with one of our surgeons, call (970) 479-5036.
With some of the most respected surgeons in Colorado on our team, Vail Valley Medical Center is fortunate to be the home of Mountain Surgical Associates (MSA). We are known for their expertise in emergency and trauma care, as well as the early detection and treatment of cancer.
Our surgeons are experts in
- General surgery: abdominal, thoracic and endocrine
- Cancer surgery: breast, colon and rectal, endocrine, lung and melanoma
- Laparoscopic surgery: hernia repair, gall bladder, colon and reflux disease
- Trauma/critical care: around-the-clock diagnostic and therapeutic care for critically ill and injured patients. Contact Trauma Services at (970) 479-7185.
- Early detection and treatment of cancer: colonoscopy, endoscopy
We also offer a Wound Care Clinic and provide surgical assistance to VVMC's orthopaedic; plastic surgery; OB-GYN; gastroenterology and ear, nose and throat specialists.
SBIRT Health Educator
VVMC's Trauma Services department has a full-time Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) health educator. Statistics show that almost 50 percent of trauma patients have a positive blood alcohol concentration and that excessive drinking and substance abuse are significant risk factors for traumatic injury. The health educator's role is to screen all trauma patients. Those patients who are found to be at risk for alcohol or substance abuse will then be provided a brief intervention, and if necessary, a referral to treatment.
Online Registration Forms
Mountain Surgical Associates is a service of Vail Valley Medical Center.