Nutrition plays a vital role in helping cancer patients survive by reenergizing the body and building up defenses. Patients in our survivorship program work with our dietician to create individualized nutrition plans, to learn how to prepare quick and healthy meals and to maintain a healthy body composition during treatment.
Melaine Hendershott RD is the Spirit of Survival Registered Dietitian. She received her Master's degree in nutrition from Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine. To consult with Melaine, please call (970) 569-7614 or contact her at email@example.com.
In addition, patients are encouraged to read the following articles and visit our recommended websites for useful tips on nutritional health.
- Low-Residue Eating Plan (pdf)
- Food Choices to Lessen Gas (pdf)
- Tips for Treatment of Head/Neck Cancer (pdf)
- American Cancer Society
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- Food and Drug Administration
- Medline Plus
- National Cancer Institute
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Nutrition counseling and programs are made possible by the generosity of participants and donors of Pink Vail.