Surfing for Nutrition?
Author Katie Mazzia MS, RD, CDE is a nutritionist at Vail Valley Medical Center.
The Internet can be an awesome resource for food and nutrition information; however, not all of it is reliable or credible. Below are some of my favorite nutrition blogs and websites you can trust and might even give you a fresh perspective, inspire you to cook more, or try a new food!
- Nancy Clark’s blog on sports nutrition: http://community.active.com/blogs/NancyClarkRD
- Digestive Nutrition: http://www.katescarlata.com/
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition: http://www.scandpg.org/nutrition-info/nutrition-info-for-consumers/
- Make sense of nutrition in the news: http://www.nutritionunplugged.com/top-posts/
- Quick and easy homemade food: http://www.simplyscratch.com/
- “Fuel School”- offers a crash course in all things related to nutrition/food: http://www.runnersworld.com/fuel-school
- Nutrition Blog Network-a collection of blogs written by registered dietitians: http://www.nutritionblognetwork.com/
- Gluten-Free and Family Focused: http://inspiredrd.com/
- Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fitness/MY00396/DSECTION=sports-nutrition
- Tufts Nutrition Navigator-rates and reviews websites: http://navigator.nutrition.tufts.edu/index.html