The Traveler's Clinic is located in the Occupational Health Clinic in Avon, next to Avon Urgent Care. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM.
The clinic is a full-service provider of immunizations, travel medication prescriptions, medical advice and documentation for world travelers. Whether you are traveling outside of North America for business or for pleasure, many travel destinations can harbor diseases, illnesses, parasites and other pests that can ruin the trip of the unprepared traveler. The Traveler's Clinic provides the most up-to-date medical, health, safety and travel information to make you wise, safe and savvy on your journeys.
Schedule an appointment with the Traveler's Clinic to take care of pre-travel medical preparations, consult via phone or e-mail from your point of travel, and even get post-trip physical evaluations upon your return.
Traveler's Clinic Services
- Vaccine recommendations and administration
- Consultation on diseases that can be contracted by food and water, such as traveler's diarrhea, typhoid, giardia, etc.
- Insect precautions and information on preparing for diseases they may carry (for instance, malaria, dengue fever, yellow fever and others)
- Preventative education on diseases from physical contact, including hepatitis, HIV and rabies
- Travel preparations for special medical conditions, such as pregnancy, diabetes, heart disease and chronic medical conditions
- Information on general safety concerns, such as traveling with children, jet lag or traveling to very high altitudes
- Physical exams and post-travel consultations to determine if any symptoms warrant more serious medical attention
Offering immunizations for:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Yellow Fever
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Meningococcal Disease
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Typhoid Fever
- Pneumococcal Disease
Traveler's Clinic contact information:
Phone: (970) 569-7715
Fax: (970) 470-6677
The Traveler's Clinic is a service of Vail Valley Medical Center.