As a nonprofit health care provider, Vail Valley Medical Center treasures our volunteers and their commitment to community service at the hospital. The individuals who choose to give their time and talents to VVMC are key to our success. Whether it is providing companionship, greeting our patients and their families or staffing our gift shop, we have a variety of ways for adults and students over the age of 15 to get involved. Please note that, due to the specific requirements of the programs we offer, we are unable to place every applicant.
Please review the requirements below before submitting an application.
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of two shifts per month.
Volunteers must contribute a minimum of 100 volunteer hours per year/50 hours for seasonal/part time resident. Certain circumstances will be considered.
- Prospective volunteers must complete a health screening, background check and formal orientation to VVMC's policies and procedures, as well as an orientation to the assigned unit.
Our Volunteer Application Process
Acceptance into the program is contingent upon the completion of the following steps:
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions
- Complete an application (click here)
- Criminal background check
- Pre-placement health screening
- General orientation
- Orientation to selected volunteer area
Placements for our summer junior volunteer program are limited and subject to a seven-week commitment. Students interested in volunteering in the summer must submit their application by April 1.
Please note that our program does not provide the opportunity to shadow physicians, nurses or other medical providers, nor do we allow volunteers to perform any sort of medical procedures.
Volunteers ages 55 and over are eligible for limited mileage and meal reimbursements through the Eagle County Retired Senior Volunteers Program (RSVP).