Vail Valley Medical Center hosts and participates in health fairs throughout the Valley in an effort to empower the community to explore their health and wellness. Fairs include:
- Blood chemistry screenings, which provide information on blood sugar (glucose), cholesterol, triglycerides, liver, kidney, bone and muscle function and may show warning signs of diabetes, heart disease and other concerns.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) screenings for men, which check for prostate gland issues and cancer.
- Blood count screenings, which check the health of blood.
- Vitamin D screenings, which measure baseline vitamin D level.
- Hemoglobin A1C screenings, which indicate an average blood sugar level over the past two to three months.
- Colon cancer screening take-home kits, which check for colon cancer.
Free services such as blood pressure readings; breast, oral, and prostate cancer screenings; and vision, foot and skin screenings are also available. Additionally, participants are able to ask medical questions.
To learn about upcoming health fairs near you, visit our Events Calendar, or sign up to receive health related e-alerts and information.