Patient Advocacy & Satisfaction
At Vail Valley Medical Center, patients and their families play an integral role in their health care experiences. We welcome and encourage patients and families to ask questions, be active communicators and give us feedback along the way. VVMC offers free translation and/or interpretation services to patients and families. We provide several opportunities for our guests to give us feedback:
- At any time during your experience, please speak with your nurse or direct caregiver to share questions or concerns. We encourage you to be open and honest. Should you feel the need for further support, please ask to speak to a charge nurse or nurse supervisor.
- Our Patient & Family Help Line is an additional resource that is available 24 hours/day, seven days/week. Call (970) 477-5222 to reach a member of the Patient Relations staff or Administrative Team.
- After you return home, you may be randomly selected to receive a patient satisfaction survey administered on our behalf by NRC Picker, a third-party patient satisfaction surveyor. We encourage you to take the time to complete the survey and let us know what went well and how we can improve.
- Comment cards are located at the information desks at Vail Valley Medical Center and Shaw Regional Cancer Center. Please feel free to take a minute to share your thoughts, recognize a staff member that made your experience memorable or give us suggestions on how to improve.
- At any time during or after your visit, if you feel we have not met your needs or answered your questions, you have the right to file a formal complaint with us without fear of retribution or impact toward your care. Please read our Patient Rights and Responsibilities (pdf) for more information.
At Vail Valley Medical Center, we pride ourselves on the care and service we deliver to our patients. We invite you to review our patient satisfaction scores (pdf) as monitored by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, as well as NRC Picker.