Financial Assistance Information
VVMC's Financial Assistance Guidelines (pdf) establish the financial requirements for payment of services based on consistent compliance criteria incorporating individual patient financial conditions and circumstances. If you do not have health insurance and cannot pay in full at the time of service, please call our financial counselors at (970) 477-3116.
There are several non-profit organizations that can assist patients in covering expenses such as co-pays, deductibles, or other medical costs. These organizations are not a part of Vail Valley Medical Center and each has its own set of criteria for eligibility. To learn more and determine if you qualify, it is best to contact the organization directly.
- Colorado Peak is an online service for Coloradoans to screen themselves and apply for medical, food and cash assistance programs. Eagle Care Clinic in the Edwards Pavilion is a certified application assistance site. To apply, visit Colorado Peak online, or visit Eagle Care Clinic for assistance.
- Needy Meds is a 501(c)(3) non-profit information resource devoted to helping people in need find assistance programs to help them afford their medications and costs related to health care. They aim to be a source of accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date information on programs that help people facing financial stress in paying for medications and health care. For more information, visit www.needymeds.org.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps uninsured and financially struggling patients who lack prescription coverage get access to prescription assistance programs that offer medicines for free or nearly free. They offer a single point of access to more than 475 public and private programs, including more than 180 offered by pharmaceutical companies. Visit www.pparx.org for more information.
ESTIMATE YOUR COST OF CARE
Many patients find it helpful to estimate their cost of services prior to receiving care. Vail Valley Medical Center's insurance verification team is available to provide estimates of anticipated charges for hospital services and procedures, including:
- Diagnostic testing
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Obstetrics and childbirth
- Oncology services
Call our insurance verification team at (970) 777-2902 or email email@example.com with the following information (available from your physician's office):
- Are outpatient or inpatient services scheduled?
- What is your chief complaint? If you have the primary ICD-9 (International Classification of Diseases) diagnosis code for the scheduled services, please provide this information.
- What is the name of the procedure to be performed? If you have the CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) five-digit code for the scheduled services, please provide this information.
Please be aware that the estimates provided through this service are a range of costs. A person’s medical needs may require more or less care than estimated, and a patient will be billed for the specific services and care delivered. For a more specific estimate, we recommend patients contact their insurance provider directly. All estimates are confidential.