- September 25, 2012
Dr. Peter J. Millett, orthopedic shoulder surgeon and director of shoulder surgery for The Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado, was recently awarded the Castle Connolly Top Doctors™ award. This prestigious honor is the result of a lengthy and thorough selection process that begins with surveys of physicians and healthcare professionals through the U.S.
- September 7, 2012
- The Steadman Clinic, an orthopedic clinic with facilities located in Vail and Frisco, has hired Dr. Michael Cassat to join its specialized team of physicians. Cassat brings a family medicine and primary care sports medicine background to the clinic. He treats patients from all walks of life who present with joint pain, minor ligament injuries, sprains and minor fractures. With a focus on sports-related injuries, chronic overuse injuries, and conditions that occur as the result of sports traini... MORE →
- September 5, 2012
- Moving on up isn't always so comfortable. High-altitude living can bring about physical stresses, and it's important to assist your body in adjusting to mountain elevations. Pam Westfall is a registered nurse at Vail Valley Medical Center. As an employee health nurse for the center, she offers new hires at VVMC resources for making the altitude adjustment. "Some who have lived at lower elevations may experience a period of physical adjustment to the higher elevation," said Westfall. Here are... MORE →
- September 3, 2012
- If it happens on snow, you can bet Tom Hackett has tried it.An orthopedic surgeon with Vail's Steadman Clinic, Hackett also serves as physician for the U.S. Snowboard Team and the U.S. Ski Team, and consultant to the Colorado Rockies.It follows that the doctor is himself an athlete. Yes, he skis and snowboards, but Hackett also just completed a swim of the English Channel, sharks and all.So while Labor Day sales of all kinds unfold throughout the retail industry, Hackett is well-positioned to of... MORE →
- August 31, 2012
- If you're Dr. Tom Hackett, swimming the English Channel is the second most fun you can have in the dark.It really was a dark and stormy night when Hackett, orthopaedic surgeon with the Steadman Clinic, swam 34 miles across the English Channel in 62 degree water, starting at 3 a.m. in 6-foot seas that tossed him around like the flotsam he kept colliding with.Through the first four hours or so, he stopped every 10 or 15 minutes to vomit and wretch from the seasickness.“It was miserable. I loved it... MORE →
- August 27, 2012
Dr. Robert F. LaPrade, orthopedic knee surgeon with The Steadman Clinic in Vail, Colorado, recently contributed to U.S. News and World Report's educational medical feature on the use and trend concerning evidence-based medicine.
- August 6, 2012
- The Orthopaedic Education Foundation of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society recently awarded Dr. Thomas O. Clanton, orthopaedic surgeon and Director of Foot and Ankle Sports Medicine for the Steadman Clinic in Vail, CO, a research grant concerning Turf Toe Injuries. This research initiative, which was conducted at The Steadman Philippon Research Institute, provides a detailed evaluation of turf toe injuries using a method of analysis that utilizes stress radiographs.... MORE →
- August 3, 2012
Dr. LaPrade was presented with the first ever "Outstanding Fellowship Teaching Award", presented by the 2011-2012 Steadman Clinic fellows at their graduation dinner on July 28, 2012.
- August 2, 2012
- For some people, having surgery in a place other than a hospital might sound like a strange idea. But that's the intention behind Ambulatory Surgery Centers. Owned by the Vail Valley Medical Center and local surgeons, Vail Valley Surgery Center is an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) which opened in Vail in 2002. VVMC recently built a second ASC facility at their Edward's campus, which opened on June 11th. Cutting costs and increasing efficiency An ASC is designed for outpatient surgeri... MORE →
- July 30, 2012
- We know a lot about the town of Vail's plans for a new municipal building. We're about to learn a lot more about plans for the structure that will be next door. The whole idea of redeveloping the municipal building property started when officials from the Vail Valley Medical Center and doctors from The Steadman Clinic and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute proposed a new office building on the western part of the land. Negotiations started, studies were done, and meetings public and ... MORE →