Billing & Insurance
While insurance verification and billing procedures can sometimes be confusing, each Howard Head patient's insurance will be verified at the time of registration. However, to learn the most about your insurance coverage for physical therapy or occupational therapy, it is best to contact your carrier directly. It is ultimately the patient’s responsibility to know his/her benefits.
Questions to ask your insurance provider:
• Are my therapy benefits different for in-network vs. out-of-network providers?
• What are the physical therapy/occupational therapy benefits for my insurance plan?
• Do I have a deductible for physical or occupational therapy?
• Do I have a co-pay and co-insurance?
• What is my out-of-pocket maximum?
• Is there a limit on the number of treatment sessions or the dollar amount?
• Do I need pre-certification for therapy?
• Does my insurance cover durable medical equipment (i.e. braces)?
A few things to consider:
• Please make sure to bring your insurance card to your first appointment.
• If you are a Workers’ Compensation patient, please bring your claim number and employer contact information.
• You will receive a letter, outlining your benefits, from the Vail Valley Medical Center Insurance Verification Department. Please call (888) 652-7640 with any questions regarding your insurance coverage.
• Billing is processed through Vail Valley Medical Center.
For more information, please visit Vail Valley Medical Center's Patient Billing page.
Howard Head Sports Medicine™ is an official medical provider for the U.S. Ski, Freeskiing, and Snowboarding teams.