Applying for Employment
- Postings are updated every Tuesday on our website.
- Employment applications are accepted for current openings only.
- Applications are accepted only through our Online Application. VVMC will not accept or consider applications that are mailed, e-mailed, faxed or dropped off at our offices. Resumes will not be accepted unless they are attached to an online application.
- As part of the online process, each candidate will set up a personal profile. "Application History" under your candidate profile will display your current status for positions applied for in the last six months.
- Candidates should submit an application to each position they wish to pursue.
- Status Types
- Full-time: 32 hours or more (eligible for benefits)
- Part-time: 20 to 32 hours (eligible for benefits)
- Pool: A position that is called upon to fill in shifts
- Seasonal: Positions are for the duration of the ski/snowboard season
- Offers of employment will come from Human Resources.
- If disabled and need assistance applying, please call Human Resources at (970) 569-7501.
- All potential employees must undergo a pre-employment drug screen urinalysis and a background check.
If you have a question, please submit an Employment Inquiry form. Someone in the HR department will respond to your inquiry within two business days.
If you do not receive a call for an interview, please continue to apply for open positions that fit your interests and qualifications.
How We Hire
Your application is very important to us, and we thank you for your interest in a professional career at our medical facility. Unfortunately, we handle a very large applicant pool and are unable to call each and every applicant. Our recruiters will call applicants if their experience matches our position requirements.
The path to getting hired usually involves a first conversation with a recruiter, phone interview, Skype interview and/or on-site interview at one of our facilities.
All employees are required to have a pre-employment screening with Vail Valley Medical Center's occupational health department and pass a drug screen. VVMC is a drug-free work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Policy & Affirmative Action Plan
Vail Valley Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the hospital's policy to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated in accordance with all applicable laws. Illegal discrimination is strictly prohibited. All personnel actions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, age or other legally protected classes. Personnel actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, employment, training, transfers promotions, demotions, disciplinary actions, terminations and benefits are based on qualifications, performance and other job-related factors. It is the responsibility of all employees to maintain a work environment that is free from discrimination. Any employee found in violation of this policy is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
An employee who feels he/she has been treated in a manner contrary to this policy should immediately report the incident to his/her manager or Human Resources at (970) 569-7501. Each complaint will be investigated. Based on the information obtained during the investigation, appropriate corrective action will be taken, if warranted. An accused violator, or any other employee, may not retaliate against any employee or applicant for making a complaint regarding a personnel action that is alleged to be contrary to our Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
If you would like to view the hospital's Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), please contact Human Resources during the business hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM MST at (970) 569-7501. Please note that our Equal Opportunity Employer Policy and Affirmative Action Plan may be updated from time to time.
Use the links below for information on Colorado Certifications.