Why Shaw Regional Cancer Center
Patients who can choose to receive cancer treatment anywhere choose Shaw Regional Cancer Center in Edwards, Colorado.
Shaw Regional Cancer Center provides high-quality, compassionate cancer care that's close to home. With Jack's Place, an intimate lodge that accommodates patients, their caregivers and family members, Shaw is the premier cancer center for residents and second homeowners of Eagle, Garfield, Pitkin, Lake, Summit and Routt counties. By combining the expertise of highly trained physicians and cancer specialists with advanced technology and the healing powers of nature, compassion, fitness and nutrition, Shaw Regional Cancer Center provides an innovative, holistic approach that empowers cancer patients to become cancer survivors.
Shaw Regional Cancer Center offers:
- Highly sophisticated, individualized cancer treatment plans based on effectiveness, quality-of-life implications, side effects and other considerations that are significant to the patient
- Jack's Place, A Cancer Caring House: on-site, overnight living accommodations for patients, caregivers and family
- A state-of-the-art diagnostic breast center that has earned the American College of Radiology (ACR) Breast Imaging Center of Excellence recognition and is accredited by the Mammography Quality Standards Act
- A 96.9% five-year survival rate for Stage I breast cancer patients, nearly 5% greater than the national average
- Specialized programs for treating prostate cancer, breast cancer and gynecologic cancers
- Surgeons who specialize in cancer surgery, as well as aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
- Access to specialty physicians and clinical trials through a partnership with University of Colorado Cancer Center
- Patient and family counseling services
- Nutrition and fitness guidance and support
- A multimedia Educational Resource Library for patients and health care providers
- Hereditary Cancer Service, offering hereditary cancer risk assessment and genetic testing
Additionally, Shaw Regional Cancer Center has been specifically designed to provide a comforting, safe, healing environment accented by cascading waterfalls, healing gardens, soothing music, comfortable furnishings and the inspiring Rocky Mountains.
The best way to determine whether Shaw Regional Cancer Center is the right fit for your cancer care plan is to visit us in person. To make an appointment and tour our facilities, please call (970) 569-7429.