Staying With Us
To be eligible to stay at Jack’s Place, patients must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a cancer diagnosis and be in treatment at Shaw Regional Cancer Center and/or Vail Valley Medical Center.
- Must have a referral by the medical staff of the Shaw Regional Cancer Center.
- Must sign a temporary housing agreement and adhere to Jack’s Place policies.
Caregivers must meet the following eligibility guidelines:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be ambulatory
- Be able to take care of the patient, able to maintain room and prepare meals, etc.
- Be free of communicable diseases
To stay at Jack’s Place, please contact us at (970) 569-7644 or email@example.com. Please contact us as soon as possible before your first date of treatment, as patients are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHAT TO BRING
- Extra pillow
- Food and drink (you will have your own kitchen storage cabinet)
- Toiletries / personal hygiene items
- Each room has a CD player and a Blu-ray player, so bring your favorite music and/or movies
- Hair dryer
- Personal mementos such as pictures or other items to make your room feel like home
- Telephone calling card for long distance calls
- Laundry detergent (HE – high efficiency)
- Clothes hangers
- Linens and towels
- TV in room with remote
- Dishes, cups, serving items
- Pots and pans
- Silverware and utensils
- Coffee, coffee pot
- Computer Access
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No there is no limit. As long as you are receiving treatment, you are welcome to stay with us. Please note that we are closed from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. If you are a longer-term guest, you are welcome to leave your belongings in your room over the weekend.
No, guests are responsible for their own food and food preparation. Shaw Café serves breakfast and lunch for a reasonable price.
We operate on a pay-what-you-can philosophy. A donation of $25 per night is encouraged and appreciated to help defray our operational costs.
Yes. There are free laundry facilities. You will need to provide your own HE (high-efficiency) detergent.
Yes, Jack’s Place has various social activities during the week. There are yoga classes, Pet Partner visits, nutrition classes, holiday events and more. See our events calendar for more information.
Children 16 years and over are allowed. If you need to bring a child younger than 16 years old, please call us regarding alternative arrangements.
Contact us about local community groups who provide free medical transportation.
High Mountain Taxi (24 hour service): (970) 527-5555
Vail Valley Taxi (24 hour service): (970) 476-8294
Colorado Mountain Express (service to Denver Airport): (970) 754-7433
Alamo: (970) 524-2277
Avis: (970) 524-7571
Enterprise: (970) 845-8393
Hertz: (970) 524-7177
National: (970) 524-2277
There is a telephone in each room that makes local calls. There is no voicemail. If you need to make long distance calls, please bring a calling card.
It is not required to have a caregiver. However, your doctor has to agree that you are able to care for yourself, and you must agree that if your ability to care for yourself becomes difficult, you will secure a caregiver or end your stay at Jack’s Place in order to keep yourself safe.
LOCAL AREA RESOURCES
• Edwards Pharmacy
• Edwards Village Market: 34295 U.S. Highway 6 | Edwards, CO 81632
• Local Restaurants and Activities